A globe defender posted a list of 39 things he believes could not happen in a geocentric model. Our @rokro111 addresses each one.
1. Horizon is the apparent intersection of the earth and sky as seen by an observer. The horizon exists whether the earth is flat or round.
2. Objects moving away from the observer reach a perspective convergence of top, sides, and bottom called the vanishing point. Objects in the sky will disappear top-first if we could see that just like objects on land or water disappear bottom-first.
3. Zoom lenses bring objects back into view unless those objects have already surpassed the vanishing point based on perspective convergence.
4. The sun and moon do not set and rise – both enter our view after they are within the convergence vanishing point and both exit our view after they are beyond the convergence vanishing point. Nobody knows what the sun or moon is so to assume it should change in size is an unfounded assumption. One cannot see forever due to convergence.
5. This is important to repeat – nobody knows what the sun or moon is so to assume it should change in size is simply an assumption.
6. Apparent angular velocity is completely meaningless and ignored.
7. All maps have distortion. If maps had no distortions, the maps would be the exact same size as the locations they are representing. The latitude and longitude coordinates align concisely on the map below:
8. Measure the distances around both Antarctica and the equator, have those distances objectively verified, and then make a claim about the distances. Sizes or shapes of land masses or places on earth have no bearing on the shape of the earth.
9. The furthest star is 6000 miles away. When one’s distance from an object increases, the object (star) will converge beyond the vanishing point. Although the poles in this picture are about 40 feet tall, beyond a certain distance they are no longer viewable – just like the stars:
- The moon’s orientation is different for observers who are looking at it from opposite positions. (Images from north and south viewing positions).
11. Star fields’ motion is a perspective issue. All celestial bodies in the sky move from East to West. At the equator, it’s a straight East to West movement and inside the equator the stars appear to diverge counter-clockwise and outside the equator the stars appear to diverge clockwise.
12. All things that go up must come down. This is one of the laws of physics. There is no proof any rocket has been more than 25 miles from the surface of earth. Rockets have inherent limitations based on fuel, weight, and speed. All rockets go up and come back down – there are no exceptions.
13. There is no such thing as gravity. Buoyancy adjustment is what happens. Less dense things always align themselves above more dense things. See the Laws of Buoyancy.
- Signals sent through the air are obtained by only three possible means – from high altitude balloons, land-based towers, or signals bounced off the ionosplane.
- GPS does not work best in the ocean. There are few land-based towers in the ocean, but ocean towers do exist. For the oceans, LORAN (used since the 1940s) and land-based towers near the shore are the most common, so there are GPS signals near coastlines but not very far out. Most GPS usage is by people traveling on roads, and there are millions of land-based towers that provide GPS, cell, and data signals wirelessly. Signals sent through the air are one of the most unreliable methods to send signals because of the degradation that occurs as distances and obstacles increase.
- Earthquakes are caused by tectonic movements in the Earth’s crust. Continental drift is based on a speculation (assumption) by Abraham Ortelius in 1596 and that occurrence is not proven as an actual condition.
- It’s called the Theory of Continental Drift. This has nothing to do with the shape of the earth.
- Subduction zones have nothing to do with the shape of the earth.
- Rift valleys have nothing to do with the shape of the earth.
- Volcanoes have nothing to do with the shape of the earth.
- Subterranean seismic waves have nothing to do with the shape of the earth.
- S waves have nothing to do with the shape of the earth.
- P waves have nothing to do with the shape of the earth.
- Meteorites have nothing to do with the shape of the earth.
- Where meteorites come from has nothing to do with the shape of the earth.
- There is no proof planets are anything other than stars, and there is no proof stars or planets have a prograde or retrograde motion relative to anything. Planets/stars have no influence on the shape of the earth.
- Parallax requires the earth to move and there is no scientific proof the earth moves.
- No one can prove the pole star has ever changed. Also, stars have nothing to do with the shape of the earth.
- Nobody knows how solar eclipses occur and the assumption the moon causes a solar eclipse is an unfounded assumption. Eclipses have nothing to do with the shape of earth.
- Lunar eclipses are caused by an unknown phenomenon and the condition of the sun and the moon both being visible when eclipses occur, called the selenelion supports the fact that the earth is not casting a shadow on the moon.
- The size of the umbra and penumbra support the size of the moon is
about 35 miles wide.
- The solar eclipse has nothing to do with the shape of the earth.
- Neither solar nor lunar eclipses have anything to do with the shape of the earth.
- The size of the sun is less than 35.5 miles wide and can be measured
using these simple steps found in this article. Additionally, the size of the sun has no bearing on the shape of the earth.
- As measured in #13, the distance to the sun is no more than 4,000 miles.
- Nobody knows what the sun is or how it works. Anything beyond that amounts to guesses and speculation.
- Lunar phases have nothing to do with the shape of the earth.
- Tides have nothing to do with shape of the earth.
- Buoyancy is the upward and downward force at a rate of 9.8 m/s/s. This acceleration is both up and down and is slowed by the medium through which things are moving. Gravity has remained unproven for over 336 years. Laws govern buoyancy but gravity has always remained a theory. There is an official buoyancy report due this month that corrects the wrongly applied usage of gravity as the cause for what buoyancy does.
Please note: The theory of evolution, theory of gravity, theory of general relativity, theory of heliocentrism, Big Bang theory, theory of cosmic expansion, and the theory of planetary motion are all guesses and all have to do with convincing people the earth is a spinning ball. Theories stacked upon theories amount to assumptions reinforced by more assumptions. Science is not, and should not be, based on assumptions.
The heliocentric model is supported by NASA, and all the space agencies’ collective annual budget of $42 billion. The spinning ball model, after all this time and money, still struggles with many aspects of why it is not the shape of the earth. Ironically, the largest supporter of a spinning ball is NASA, and it has destroyed its credibility so it’s actually moving backwards.